Tuesday June 17th
Not much happened the previous night. I got back from Crepes around 10:45 after a rather slow shift. I brought some pasta home with me, which was very tasty but enough to feed about 3 people. That night I slept in Ariel's room again. I had to wake up and be at the East's by 9AM, which was around when Ariel had to wake up as well.
I got to the East's and hung out with Emily a little. She had a dentist appointment at noon on the east side so I took her there. It was just a check up to see how her teeth were doing after they pulled 2 last week. The appointment took about 5 minutes. We met up with her mom after the appointment. Mrs. East had gone to a clothing store not too far away and had picked out some stuff for Emily. I was then to take Emily there to try the stuff on and pick out what she liked. She picked out one white top and one pair of hot pink leggings, the total coming to $160, luckily half off. They had the credit card on record there and charged the clothes. We then headed back to the west side where we had some mac and cheese for lunch. Emily and I then had plans to do some baking, so we made some sugar cookies in various shapes. During that time Mrs. East came home with Jacob.
I told Emily she had to do some reading to herself for a little while. In the meantime I hung out with Jacob. He is very into fantasy of any sorts. He has a game that he likes to play with his friends and he tried to play with me. He calls it "quest". It consists of him narrating a story invoving dragons, kingdoms, and other mystical things he can think of. I then play one of the characters and have to answer and interact with the other people he mentions. I can keep up when I am talked to directly, however I never really add much to the story or plot line on my own. Maybe this makes me bad at the game.
After a while I went to check on Emily. I then sat with Emily as she played on a learning computer game. She was not very happy to have to do this, but she is slow at reading and needsthe practice. At 4:30 I took her over to her tutoring, which then meant I had about 45 minutes on my own before I had to be back to pick her up. I was about 15 blocks from Columbia so I hopped on a subway and rode it the 3 stops uptown. I then went to the package center to pick up something, stopped by this cafe to get a bubble tea, walked by the dorm and ran into a friend to sign me in, went to another friend's room who happened to leave it open, so I dropped on teh package and picked up a book,then took a taxi back downtown and had time to stop and get a bagle toasted with butter. I felt that it was a very well spent 45 minutes.
After picking up Emily we went back to the appartment. Mrs. East had warned me it would be a late night because she took Jacob to the theater and Mr. East was at a business dinner. I made Emily some tuna fish for dinner and we ate some of our sugar cookies for dessert. We then watched a couple of episodes of "Mork and Mindy". By that time it was 8:30 and I got her ready for bed. I then started to read her the book that I picked up from Columbia earlier. Emily doesn't like to have to read herself but loves being read to. I read her the first chapter of "Twilight". In that time her father came home, and it was the first time I had ever met him. Mr. East looked like a TV father and had a very loving nature about him, which kind of surprised me because of his constant absence.
At 9 I headed back home. I stayed with P that night since Ariel had to wake up at 6, and I didn't have to get to work until 10:30. We talked well into the night, I asking himabout his recent seperation from K and making sure it wouldn't effect the foundation of that group of friends. He was trying to find out more information about my recent escapades, I wouldn't tell him about Donny though. We eventually went to sleep.
Wednesday June 18th
I woke up, showered and left for work with P at 10. Jacob got two of his molars pulled today so he was in his parent's room watching TV and eating ice cream. I got Emily dressed and took her to the American Girl store on Fifth Avenue. She bought a bitty baby and one outfit, as her mother instructed. We then walked over to Broadway hoping to go to lunch at a cafe known as Stardust. Unfortunately the line was out the door and around the corner, so we opted to go home for lunch. We sat in her room and colored for a little while as the cleaning lady, Doris, made grilled cheese. After lunch I read her another chapter from Twilight. She then had to read me 3 short books, one of which was Curious George, one of my favorites. She then had to read one more chapter alone from the book she readsto herself. By that time I needed to drop her off at her psyhciatrist right down the street. While she was there I walked the dogs around the block and through central park. I picked her up and was done for the day.
I stopped at a grocery store on the way home and picked up some rasberries and yogurt for dinner. I ran into P while I was there so I walked back with him and ate in his room. I walked around for a bit to see who else was around. I found Robert in Eddie's room watching Futurama. I fell asleep on Eddie's bed for about an hour. Lucius and Ariel came in. Ariel laid down with me for a little while, but needed to attend to her laundry. The guys decided to go off and play video games. I selpt in Eddie's bed for another hour. By that time Donny came back. He was not expecting to see me in his room. We talked a for a little and he gave me a kiss before I left. I found the rest of the guys still playing video games. They were debating getting some food but by then it was 10:30 and a lot of places were closed. I went with them as they walked down Broadway for something to eat, and I stopped in at the grocery store again to pick up some cereal for the rest of my dinner.
When I got back to the dorm I went to visit a friend of mine, Bert. He is a computer science major so I know him through some of my classes. He lived on the floor above mine this past year, and loves to cook, as well as has all the materials to do so, and invited me up to enjoy many of his creations. He is very nerdy like most computer scientist, myself not excluded, but he also is very invovled in columbia housing, and the computer science department. Because he works on the faculty side as well he knows all the loop holes and is not afraid to speak up for something that he wants, such as a better housing number, or the extra whiteboard the department bought. I went to visit him tonight for the purpose of having a key made. The kays in the building are simply cards with holes in them in certain places. I took Bert P's key and an old membership card P had lying around. Bert then used his drill to make me a replica. We also sat around and talked for a while catching up about how our summers have been going.
around midnight I went back to P's room and fell asleep on his bed. He has a test the next day so he was up studying for a while before going to sleep as well.
Thursday June 19th
I woke up and got to the East's by 10. P was still sleeping because he was up late studying. At the East's I played Sets with Emily for a little while until lunch when we had pesto pasta with Jacob. The three of us then went out to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda. It was a cute movie. We then dropped off Emily at her tutor and I took Jacob home. I then had to leave early, around 4 in order to get to Crepes on time.
I worked the night shift at Crepes on Columbus, where yet again it was slow. I tried to learn some spanish from the cooks though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment