Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pearl Jam

Shira and I took off work Friday to go to a Pearl Jam Concert in Camden NJ. We hit the rd with my brother in law, david, @ 10:30. We were supposed to leave at 10 but David is always a half hour late to everything. Lacey Suggested telling him we were leaving at 9:30 to compensate but I didn't listen. We arrived at Shira's boyfriends house at 3:30 in westchester, and left for the concert right away. We picked up sandwiches and drinks and then hit traffic, which tacked on an extra hour and a half to the ride . I was not counting on the traffic and foolishly chugged a large Gatorade. The result wasn't favorable. We finally got to Camden which is not one of the safest places to be. Aaron, from the Next Food Network Star, is from Camden and I think he has a good chance at winning the competition. I think Lisa might have a slight lead on him. This is my favorite show at the moment. Bobby Flay is awesome. Anyway, the tailgating at this event was amazing. The parking lots were full of thousands of people partying. There were a lot of home-made games every where. Things like toss something into a hole or in a bucket....they looked like fun actually. I have never seen anything like that in Pittsburgh. The concert was very good. I think musicians like Eddie Vedder are a dying breed. He cares .....which shows in his performance. The night was tainted by a couple of bozo's who resorted to violence and basically acted like pricks. If you can't get along at a concert, you shouldn't be allowed in public. It is frustrating seeing something like that when music is sending the opposite message....I mean, why are you here? The rest of the weekend I worked on cleaning my backyard and also worked on an oil painting. I'll post a picture when it is done. This week is very exciting because the Yankees are in Pittsburgh and my friend Scott is in town and I have not seen Scott in a whole year and the Yankees have not been here in 38yrs! BDI is coming Sunday and there will be plenty of work after my Pittsburgh vacation. We also have a Mocap demo coming up for some high school kids. Anyone have suggestion on what we should wear? Maybe elbow pads and helmets again?

No comments: