Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Mo's Update
Yesterday, I went to court because the city had appealed to raise my property taxes. Lacey and I put together quite and elaborate defense but yesterday was Lacey's first day of class @ Duquesne for the summer. So I asked my mom to come with me so I had a second opinion and a second mind working on my side. My mom left her TT convertible in my driveway where Lacey warned her it might rain. My mom looked up at the blue sky and decided not to worry about it. We dropped Lacey of at school and then headed further downtown. After waiting about 40 minutes or so the case was ruled a DNA, for did not appear. So we won by default. This is a pretty good outcome but I was kind of hoping the presentation of my case would inspire a new John Grisham novel and then be made into a movie where Samuel L Jackson would play the role of me. We then headed back to my house. As we arrived it started to rain so we were able to avoid disaster not a moment too soon. I then blocked traffic with my car while my mom took about 10 minutes to back her car down the drive way. I pulled my car into the garage and then headed into change into my work clothes. I think men's business casual is about the worst look ever. I would much rather wear jeans or a full suit than something in between. So I put on my jeans and my green graphics lab t shirt '07. Shira then picked me up and we let Tank and Lucy use the bathroom one last time before we headed out. On our way to work a kid shot a golf ball right at my head while I was on the phone with Lacey. Luckily Shira screamed and I assumed the golf ball at my head position. I picked up the golf ball and threw it at the golfers which was pretty useless since they were about 200yds away. Then I yelled at them for a while and Shira did too. They yelled back. I don't know at what point I hung up on Lacey but she was in a quiet room with 2 friends, and all the could hear was screaming from Shira and I and they assumed we were getting attacked or stabbed or something. So they were relieved when the found out it was just a golf ball. Shira made lunch for the two of us. I had my doubts because it had everything but the kitchen sink between two slices of bread......provolone, roasted red peppers, avocado, a veggie burger, chipolte butter, and mayo. It was pretty good though and I congratulated her on a job well done. When I got home from work I made Lacey and I dinner. It was pretty good but I forgot to add the dry vermouth to the veggie chicken before I added the whole peeled tomatoes. So I took evasive measures and was able to to reduce the vermouth over the chicken in another pan. I gave it an 8/10. We then played mario kart together. Lacey won the first round but I was able to rebound to win the second. Oh, and then I went skydiving where I landed on a rooftop penthouse on the upper east side. There I met Derek Jeter who was widdling a bar of soap into a scale version of the Taj Mahal. He had tissue boxes on his feet for shoes. He had an extra bed so I slept there for the evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment