Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Finally Blogging!

Okay, here I go... This past week (Wednesday thru Sunday) I went to Miami for my sorority's national convention. It was fun because my friend, Christie, went with me and we stayed on a really nice resort. Other than that, the convention was just what I expected, lots of women in a room- talking a lot. The resort had a really nice pool and a great jogging trail though (which is nice because I am trying to run 5 miles a day over the summer.) On the way home, the airline lost my bags so I didn't get them until yesterday afternoon when they were dropped off at my apartment. My parents picked me up from the airport and we went to Mad Mex, which is consistently delicious. I got a tofu quesadilla and a mango margarita. I proceeded to sleep the rest of my Sunday off. Yesterday, I came to work late because I had to wait for my bags to be delivered to the apartment. While I was waiting, I ran around the block a few times to get my exercise, and I found a lost dog that was about to run out on 5th Avenue. I picked her up and carried her to all the surrounding apartment buildings and knocked on people's doors, until a disheveled woman claimed that it was her dog. It made me sad because she didn't seem worried about her or happy that she was back. I kind of wish that I could have kept it because it was smaller than my cats, so I think they would have gotten along. When the delivery man dropped off my bags around 2:30 pm , he told me I was lovely which creeped me out and I made sure he quickly left my apartment building. After working, I went to a Washington Wild Things (minor league baseball) game in Washington, PA (near my parents house.) My dad's company owns the field so we sat in the owners box and had delicious food and alcohol for free. After the game, Clay and I got ice cream and fell asleep watching Law and Order. Sorry that this post isn't longer, I have a bad memory so I can't really remember the details of everyday.

No comments: